Both compact fluorescent lights and fluorescent tubes contain mercury. They are not permitted to be thrown away in regular trash or put out curbside for collection as they are considered to be hazardous waste
What are your options?
1. Contact Tri-County for a special collection of hazardous materials
2. Contact your local Lowes or Home Depot regarding special recycling programs
3. Research a mail back program. We've linked https://recyclelights.com/
4. Bring hazardous materials to a local special collection event. This is generally held in the month of September for Mercer County. Registration is available at https://ecsr.net/
5. Visit Mercer County Recycling & Solid Waste website for additional resources
Visit www.hermitage.net for more information on the proper disposal of hard to recycle items or visit https://www.hermitage.net/231/Solid-Waste and click the Recycling Fact Sheets link