Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
"Hermitage’s contract with Tri-County Industries, the current provider for trash and recycling collection is scheduled to expire July 31. The city received two bids for a five-year contract for the service. The bid from Tri-County, based in Pine Township, called for an estimated monthly cost of $580,150.
The second bidder was Republic Services/Allied Waste, with an estimated monthly cost of $672,773. Republic/Allied is based in Phoenix, with regional offices across the United States.
City commissioners are expected to ratify the new contract at their meeting Wednesday."
Some changes with the new contract:
1. Approx. $10 increase in quarterly service fee
2. Electronic drop off will remain the first and third Friday of the month but will no longer be free for Hermitage Residents. Estimated cost of $10 per item
3. Drop-off tags for excess waste will remain at 95 cents. Tags for bulk waste, such as couches or recliner chairs, will increase from $4 to $5. Tags for appliances, such as washers or household appliances, will increase from $8 to $10.
4. Glass will no longer be accepted as recyclable item and should be placed with regular garbage
5. Plastic recyclables will be limited to type 1 & 2 plastics (Tri County originally accepted Type 1 thru 7) Examples of Type 1 & 2 plastics include water bottles and milk jugs
6. The City will still hold (2) free bulk trash pick up days per year but those dates have yet to be determined
More info on the Herald's site here: https://www.sharonherald.com/news/hermitage-considers--year-trash-pact/article_12eb7dd4-6573-11e9-bf1f-db2ab2de30b1.html