|When:||Back to Calendar November 23, 2013 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm||Where:||East State Street from Kerrwood Dr to Rt 18||✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
16th Annual Hermitage Holiday Light Parade
This annual event started in 1998 and features over 70 participants in various categories competing for over $2,500 in awards and cash prizes.
The parade begins at the intersection of East State Street and North Kerrwood Drive, travel east to the intersection of East State Street and Route 18, turn left and proceeds to the entrance of the Shenango Valley Mall.
- 2013 Parade Registration Form
- 2013 Parade Rules & Meeting Notice
- 2013 Media Information & Float Description Form
Hey Kids! – Hermitage Holiday Light Parade
Junior Parade Marshal!
One boy and one girl between the ages of 5 and 12 will be randomly selected from the entries to serve as Junior Parade Marshal and ride along in the 16th Annual Hermitage Holiday Light Parade Saturday, November 23, 2013. The winners will also receive a prize package with gifts from our Junior Parade Marshal sponsors. To register, bring this coupon to any of our sponsor’s businesses by October 31, 2013. Additional coupons available at sponsor locations.
Junior Marshall Sponsors & drop-off locations:
- Auntie Ann’s – Shenango Valley Mall
- Leanna’s Book Store – Shenango Valley Mall
- Shenango Valley Cinemas
- La Isla
- Grill & Chill (DQ)
- Ten Pin Alley
- Hermitage Municipal Building
Holiday Food Drive
The Shenango Valley YMCA is conducting a Holiday Food Drive in conjunction with the 2013 Hermitage Holiday Light Parade on November 23, 2013. Please help us collect food for the Community Food Warehouse to help them support the needy families in Mercer County. The Community Food Warehouse provides food to over 3000 households in Mercer County and the need continues to grow. Your generosity during this holiday season is greatly appreciated!
HELP US LINE THE PARADE ROUTE WITH BAGS OF FOOD!!!!
1. Fill a shopping bag with non-perishable food items (especially canned meats, canned tuna, canned fruits, canned stew, cereal and oatmeal).
2. Bring the bag to the Holiday Light Parade and place it on the side of the road along the parade route.
3. When the YMCA float comes by, volunteers will collect the bags and deliver them to the Community Food Warehouse.
Additional drop-off location prior to the parade is the YMCA.